It is comman question arrises infront of a user that “what is blog” whenever they hear about any famous blog or Blogger.
A blog (also called a weblog or web log) is a website consisting of entries (also called posts) appearing in reverse chronological order with the most recent entry appearing first (similar in format to a daily journal). Blogs typically include features such as comments and links to increase user interactivity. Blogs are created using specific publishing software.
Variations of the term blog:
- Blogging: The act of writing a post for a blog
- Blogger: A person who writes content for a blog
- Blogosphere: The online community of blogs and bloggers
The World Before Blogging
There was a time when the Internet was just an informational tool. In the early life of the World Wide Web some 20 years ago, websites were simple and provided a one-sided conversation. As time went on, the Internet became more interactive with the introduction of transaction-based websites and online shopping, but the online world remained one-sided.
That all changed with the evolution of Web 2.0 (the social web) wherein user-generated content became an integral part of the online world. Today, users expect websites to provide a two-way conversation and web logs (or blogs) were born.
The Birth of Blogs
The earliest blogs started in the late 1990s as online diaries. Individuals posted information on a daily basis about their lives and opinions.
The daily posts were listed in reverse date order, so readers viewed the most recent post first and scrolled through previous posts. The format provided an ongoing inner monologue from the writer.
As blogs evolved, interactive features were added to create a two-way conversation. Readers took advantage of features that allowed them to leave comments on blog posts or link to posts on other blogs and websites to further the dialogue.
How you can Earn from your blog.
- Monetize with CPC or CPM Ads-
One of the most common ways bloggers make money is through placing ads on their site. There are two popular types of ads:
- CPC/PPC Ads: Cost per click (also called pay pe
- r click) ads are usually banners that you place in your content or sidebar. Each time a reader clicks on the ad, you are paid for that click.
- CPM Ads: CPM Ads, or “cost per 1,000 impressions,” are ads that pay you a fixed amount of money based on how many people view your ad.
Include Affiliate Links in You
Affiliate marketing is also another great tool for monetizing your blog. Here is how affiliate marketing works:
- An advertiser has a product she wants to sell. She agrees to give you a commission from each sale if the buyer is coming from your site.
- She gives you a unique link that tracks your affiliate code. That way, she knows when a buyer used your link to make a purchase.
- You include your affiliate link on your site. You can do this directly in the content or through banner ads. If a reader clicks on your unique link and buys the product you have recommended, you earn a percentage of what she purchased. These two ways to earn from a blog is easiest.You can earn huge money if you have good traffic on your site.